Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking a dedicated, compassionate, and engaged Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse who can help us fulfill our mission. We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities. Are you dedicated, compassionate, and engaged? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years.
Schedule: This is a Full-Time position working 40 hours per week with flexibility select a Monday through Friday 7AM-3PM or 7AM-4PM (1hr unpaid lunch) or 4x10's Tuesday through Friday 7AM-5PM. In addition, you will be working one Saturday a month from 7AM-9:30AM with the flexibility to work additional Saturdays a month.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program, and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Your primary responsibility will be working with children and adult patients needing psychiatric care in an outpatient setting. In this role you will work with a diverse client base with varying needs. What makes this position unique, you will also have the ability to influence various team members and work collaboratively with the psychiatric prescriber. No two days are the same; each day presents different challenges and opportunities granting you a chance to use your diverse nursing skills.
- Knowledge of State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations. Works with Clinical Supervisor to assure the Unit meets standards.
- Ability to work with clients and their families on their stabilization over an extended period of time
- Performs injections, draw blood & sends samples to the lab.
- Performs initial and annual assessments.
- Administer methadone on Saturdays, at least every 4 weeks and as needed according to program needs.
- Ensure that medications are available for service participants as needed
- Accept medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resource.
- Work with prescribers in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders
- Complete charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards
- Participate in Clinical case staffing
- Assist with PCP coordination
- Assist in SBH chart audit process
- Providing therapeutic interactions and activities.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Required to be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona
- One year of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing experience
- Fingerprint clearance issued by AZ Department of Public Safety OR be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE