Steward Medical Group
North Dartmouth, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Ability to triage patients appropriately.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Responds to/refers patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications, treatment instructions and test results as per provider instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid registration as an RN, BSN preferred, in the State of Massachusetts.
- One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred.
- CPR certified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medications and their effect on patients. Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques, administration of a variety of treatments and medications as directed. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to establish /maintain a safe work environment. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff. Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others. Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.