Divine Savior Healthcare
REGISTERED NURSE - PHYSICIAN CONNECT TRIAGE
Aspirus Wausau Hospital Inc
000441-PHYSICIAN CONNECT TRIAGE
Aspirus was recently recognized as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the United States by IBM Watson in their annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country based on overall organizational performance.
We are seeking a Physician Connect Triage RN at Aspirus Wausau Hospital in Wausau, WI.
In this position you will facilitate access to Aspirus Wausau Hospital for consulting/referring physicians. You will accomplish this by coordinating communication between consulting/referring physicians and AHW physicians and facilitating appropriate transfers to Aspirus Wausau hospital. Accurate data entry is an integral part of this position as well as working closely with the hospital supervisor to ensure appropriate patient placement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work well in a busy call triage environment, need develop positive relationship with MDs, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Plans for care through the existing episode of illness onto the next level of care to promote continuity of quality care and optimal outcome.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, telecommunications skills, an ability to effectively prioritize and pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Possesses an active Wisconsin RN nursing license.
- Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Experience in ED/ICU very beneficial.
- Med/Surg experience is required.
Aspirus is a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin. With more than 7,600 employees, serving communities throughout northern and central Wisconsin, as well as the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan, our integrated system includes four hospitals in Wisconsin and four in Michigan with more than 55 clinics.
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.