Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse who can help us fulfill our mission. Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. We are seeking someone who is empathetic, caring and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Kingman team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Crisis Unit provides behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in resolving behavioral crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. The shifts are 12 hours shifts 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am.
Registered Nurses work as part of a multi-disciplinary clinical team to provide recovery-based services in a secure environment for consumers in varying levels of crisis. Takes leadership role in operating unit in psychiatrists absence. Supervises clinical staff. Responsible for contributing to and creating a recovery based environment. Performs nursing assessment and medical service plan. Obtains and executes medication orders from psychiatric prescriber. Oversees and maintains medication and medication records in accordance with Agency policies and State regulations. Works with psychiatric prescriber monitoring medications. Leads clinical staff in working collaboratively with psychiatric provider and consumer. Coordinates medical care with psychiatric prescriber and PCP. Is responsible for the safe and productive operation of the program in service to the consumer according to Agency policy and procedure. Serves as a role model of professional behavior at all times.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a PRN work as needed basis, reporting to our Kingman Crisis/Recovery Unit.
$50.00 per hour plus shift differential
- Required to licensed in the State of Arizona plus one - two years experience in the area of psychiatric nursing.
- Experienced in a community-based psychiatric practice is preferred.
- Documentation of education, relevant experience and credentials is required.
- Must complete a pre-employment physical examination and TB test.
- Thorough comprehension of psychiatric practice is preferred.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Ability to work with agitated services participants in crisis and their families to implement behavioral management interventions in defusing and de-escalating service participants, to document services participation treatment.
- Knowledge of Arizona Mental Health Law and the petition process, State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations and crisis intervention techniques.
- Able to perform duties with minimal supervision, to direct and supervise a team and function as a team member Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written form.
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.