Centers Health Care
Registered Nurse (RN) Educator and Wound Care
Registered Nurse (RN) Inservice Coordinator/ Wound Care Specialist
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Inservice Coordinator/ Wound Care Specialist for our 120-bed Skilled Nursing Facility in Patchogue, NY.
- 50% Staff Education and 50% Wound Healing and Tracking
- Responsible for all overseeing treatment of open wounds in the facility
- Provides a dynamic and interesting educational experience for our staff
- Will make rounds with our wound specialist and collaborate with our staff to heal wounds.
- Will co-ordinate staff education with federal and state requirements.
- Will keep documentation of all in-servicing for state inspection purposes.
- Will contribute to raising staff morale.
- Will mentor new hires.
- Provides advice & support to the Residents and their families.
- Documents Resident care services by charting.
- Protects Residents & staff by adhering to infection-control policies & protocols.
- Resolves Resident needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to Facility philosophies & standards of care.
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping the information confidential.
- Monitoring and reporting, including monthly reports.
- Current New York State RN License
- Long-Term Care Experience Required
- Preferably wound/ostomy certified
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premier 120-bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long-term care, short-term care, and Wound Care. Our dedicated short-term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home. Suffolk Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium. SC2004