Registered Nurse RN Home Infusion - North San Diego **$4000 BONUS**
Responsible for providing primary patient care for a
specific caseload of patients, to include assessments, care
planning, evaluation and education of patients receiving
infusion therapy, and/or other nursing services in
accordance with the care matrices and best demonstrated
practices in the home or alternate site setting.
Care could be provided to chronically ill and high-risk
patients and/or possibly COVID-19 positive patients if
comfortable with doing so.
* Provides nursing care and treatment of home infusion
patients in accordance with the physicians plan of
treatment and with company policies and procedures, and
all applicable accreditation, federal, state, and local
* Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and
advocacy principles to the planning and delivery of patient
* Provides professional nursing care and treatment of
home infusion patients in accordance with the Physician
Plan of Treatment.
* Obtains correct, appropriate, and timely physician orders
for nursing care provided.
* Collaborates with pharmacy staff to develop and monitor
goals of patient therapy.
* Communicates with physician and other members of
health care team as regarding changes in patient status
and to discuss recommendations.
* Coordinates patient admission with other members of the
health care team in order to meet patient home infusion
care needs and other care needs as assessed.
* Demonstrates competency in venous access device
management, infection control, and safe practice of
* Identifies learning needs of patient and/or care giver.
Provides appropriate intervention and instruction for
patient/care giver to safely administer care at home.* Ensures patient competence and compliance with all selfcare,
including procedures and infection control; reeducates
as necessary, and documents/communicates the
need for re-education.
* Appropriately documents patient care activity, home
infusion nursing services provided and all communication
with patient and physician.
* Documentation is legible, accurate, complete, and
complies with company policy and procedure for electronic
and paper patient clinical record entries.
* Maintains client files according to policies of Coram, in
compliance with standards set by regulatory and
accrediting agencies. Monitors patient progress to
collaborative home infusion goals to assess medical,
psychosocial, and home care environment on an ongoing
* Participates in on call activities as directed.
* Troubleshoots problems regarding operational and
clinical procedures. Responds to customer inquiries and
resolves patient complaints.
* Participates in education and training regarding patient
care and topics related to infusion therapy services as
required by the State Board of Nursing and company
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as as
* Current and active California Registered Nurse license;
additional licensure may be required in multi state service
* Minimum one year IV experience.
* Valid and current driver's license and auto insurance.
* Current CPR certification
Home Infusion Experience Preferred
RN Diploma, Associates or B.S. degree in nursing
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.