Registered Nurse (RN) - ICF Department -- PRN Openings (46411)
This position provides nursing care services to ICF-IID residents and performs nursing administrative functions in accordance with all Arizona State Statutes and Rules comprising the Nurse Practice Act. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Performs routine nursing care including, but not limited to assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions, medication administration, prescribed treatments, specimen collection, taking and recording vital signs, assisting with hygiene, and administering enteral nutrition.
- Use and maintain equipment such as automatic blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, ventilators, enteral feeding pumps, IV pumps, digital thermometers, otoscopes, electronic communication devices, orthotics, and wheelchairs.
- Accurately and thoroughly completes all required documentation including, but not limited to, daily Nursing Notes, Medication Administration Records, Change of Condition reports, Seizure Reports and Incident Reports.
- Develops Medical Care Plans for clients.
- Performs quarterly physical examinations and record findings in the clients record.
- Participates in all Interdisciplinary team meetings as appropriate to help in the development, review, and update of individual ISPs and Medical or Nursing Care Plans.
- Monitors, promotes and participates in the implementation of Active Treatment.
- Works collaboratively with Respiratory Therapist to ensure the quality delivery of all ordered care.
- Reviews respiratory assessments and intervenes as needed.
- Performs health related audits and monitors the quality and quantity of care provided by nursing and non-licensed staff.
- Reviews and approves documentation of care provided by non-licensed staff.
- Serves as acting DON in the absence of the DON.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of ICF-ID regulations.
- Provide instruction, guidance and assistance to other members of the health care team as well as residents families.
- Provides medical interventions such as first aid, TB testing, and vaccinations to staff and other individuals as requested.
- Performs daily functions using Word, Excel, Power Point, Email, preferably Outlook.
- Follow all department specific policies and procedures.
- Perform duties following safety standards required for this position including, but not limited to, use of PPEs.
- Attend training sessions required by the company.
- RN currently licensed to practice in Arizona.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disability preferred.
- Must obtain certification in ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
- Must be certified in CPR.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to maintain a Class 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
403B Retirement plan
- $ for $ up to 4%
- 3 year vesting
Employee Assistance Plan: Confidential/ Free of Charge
- Provides assistance to those professional personnel who must meet certain requirements for licensure
Vacation - Based on scheduled hours
Sick Leave- Based on scheduled hours
Hacienda HealthCare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.