Yuma Regional Medical Center
Registered Nurse (RN)- Tower 2 - Full Time - Nights
The Registered Nurse (RN) Inpatient is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care; Supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family; Functions within the Yuma Regional Medical Centers Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients; Provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal and formal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts. Delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability and availability of resources; Possesses excellent communication skills; Demonstrates skill in mentoring and teaching; Participate on committees or projects; Functions within the Scope and Standards of Practice as outlined by the Americans Nursing Association and state law.
- Inspires hope and nurture the well-being of the whole person, respecting physical, emotional and spiritual needs; Listens attentively to patients, visitors and colleagues to ensure understanding of their needs and asks questions if something is not clear; Delivers personalized service to others based on their physical, emotional or spiritual needs; Performs activities in a manner that ensures a safe environment for patients, employees, and the public by practicing 5 safe behaviors (pay attention to detail, communicate clearly, have a questioning and receptive attitude, hand off effectively, support each other); Seeks out resources for and practices good self-care.
- Collects and analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/issues; Assesses comprehensive data including physical, psychosocial, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual needs and interprets assessment information to derive the diagnosis or issues as defined by the patient's condition; Uses evidence-based assessment techniques and instruments in collecting data and validates the diagnosis or issue with the patient, family and healthcare team members as appropriate Prioritizes the data and information collected based on patient's immediate condition or anticipated needs and identifies potential risks or barriers to the patient's health or safety; Documents the data and information collected in compliance with established guidelines and reflective of the needs of the patient.
- Identifies expected outcomes and develops a plan that prescribes strategies which address health promotion and restoration, health maintenance, or health-related problems or issues and alternatives to attain expected outcomes; Involves patient, family and healthcare team members in formulating a culturally appropriate individualized plan of care and identifies expected outcomes based on nursing assessment and diagnosis; Applies evidence-based nursing practices in developing the individualized plan of care to attain expected outcomes and continuity of care; Modifies the individualized plan of care according to the ongoing assessment and reevaluation of the patient's response, status, and outcome indicators; Documents the expected outcomes as measurable goals and the plan in a manner that uses standardized language or recognized terminology.
- Implements the identified plan and coordinates care Delivery; Implements the plan of care in partnership with the patient, family and healthcare team members in a timely manner utilizing evidence-based interventions and treatments specific to the needs of the patient; Prioritizes interventions based on patient's condition, preferences, situation, or anticipated needs and performs treatments and procedures according to established procedural guidelines and protocols; Demonstrates compassionate behaviors of acceptance, caring and empathy for the patient and family; Ensures that all components of the individualized plan of care, including modifications, are documented in the patient health record; Communicates relevant information through hand-offs across levels of care and organizations.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; Utilizes teaching strategies appropriate to the individual patient's condition and learning needs; Uses health promotion to support patients and families in developing skills that promote, maintain, or restore healthy lifestyles and self-management support; Maintains a safe, clean, and organized environment for the patient, families and staff; Seeks opportunities for feedback and evaluation of the effectiveness of the strategies used, including teach back.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes; Evaluates the patient/family's understanding of and response to the plan of care; Utilizes systematic and ongoing assessment data to revise nursing diagnoses, outcomes, and the plan of care; Involves the patient, family and healthcare team members in the evaluation process; Documents the reassessment of patient status, patient and family participation and understanding, and the rationale for any revision in the plan of care.
- Applies the principles of professional codes of ethics that ensure individual rights in all areas of practice; Maintains a professional and therapeutic nurse-patient relationship and serves as a patient advocate assisting patients and families in developing skills for self-advocacy; Listens to patient care concerns and practice issues and communicates information to appropriate healthcare team members and documents in a timely manner; Speaks up to question healthcare practices as appropriate for safety and quality improvement; Utilizes available resources to help formulate ethical decisions; Discloses any observed illegal or incompetent practices and decisions made by potentially impaired health care staff per organizational policy.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice; Utilizes current evidence-based nursing knowledge, including research findings, to guide and evaluate practice; Participates in evidence-based and research activities at various levels appropriate to the nurse's level of education and position; Shares evidence-based and research findings with healthcare team members.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- RN License in the State of Arizona
- 1+ years of related experience
Work Schedule: 12-hours, Nights, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.