Vista Community Clinic
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Our competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Serve as a liaison between physicians, nurses, patients and other providers to determine patient needs. Manage and document patient phone calls pertaining to medical conditions and questions according to established department routine.
- Assess, plan, organize and provide nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with clinicians instructions; make preliminary observations of, and prepare patients for, medical treatment
- May assist clinicians in administering treatments and performing medical examinations and diagnostic tests (for example: wound care, suture removal, respiratory treatment, etc.)
- May dispense and administer prescribed treatment and medications as directed, according to VCCs Standardized Procedures
- May perform triage of patients, via telephone and in person
- Document treatment of patients and record and report significant changes in condition and general progress
- Enter concise and complete documentation in the electronic health record
- Counsel and advise patients, families and significant others regarding special medical problems and/or proper health care methods; prepare and maintain concise and complete records and reports
- Associates degree in Nursing
- Current California RN license and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses
- Current CPR certification which includes in person certification and test on resuscitation models
- Minimum three years experience in acute care nursing and/or outpatient clinic or medical office
- Experience in triage (in-person and via telephone)
- Demonstrated critical thinking, organizational and leadership skills; appropriate role modeling
- Strong history-taking skill; ability to make quick and accurate assessments and accurately complete documentation
- Ability to relate and communicate well with patients over the telephone, to physicians and to staff.
- Ability to maintain a high level of precision in judgment, accuracy of assessment and skill in problem solving under stress based on skill level and licensure and scope of practice.
- Experience/familiarity with computers, Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel), business e-mail communication systems and internet search capabilities
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience/familiarity with Electronic Practice Management and Medical Records systems, NextGen preferred