Shawnee Mission School District
Overland Park, KS, United States
Ensures a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing learning environment for District students, staff, and patrons. Responsible for housekeeping, grounds maintenance, and minor maintenance. Must be able to work any shift and/or days due to the event of inclement weather and/or emergency; however, position is assigned to the second shift daily.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Care and upkeep of facility, including housekeeping and grounds maintenance.
• Preparation and clean-up of building and grounds for school and lease activities, including stadium events if applicable.
• Performs daily cleaning including, but not limited to, sweeping floors, vacuuming, washing windows, restroom sanitization, emptying trash, dusting, filling dispensers, and buffing floors.
• Responsible for replacing light bulbs and lamps.
• Performs restorative cleaning when necessary, including but not limited to, carpet extraction and stripping/waxing of floors.
• Responsible for minor repair and preventative maintenance of custodial cleaning equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
TRAINING, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Good health, neat appearance, positive attitude, high energy level.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to read and write.
• Must be able operate and maintain operations and maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, lawn mowers, scrubbers, snow blowers, all surface cleaning equipment, , and any other equipment designated by the Manager of Operations & Maintenance.
• Must be able to climb, stoop and bend, and must be in good health and physical condition. Must be able to access remote areas of buildings, including unstable surfaces, and areas with construction debris; may need to be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, crawl through tunnels and other limited access areas.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds of equipment or supplies.
• Possess minimum maintenance skills concerning plumbing and electrical systems desirable.
• Should possess ability to safely mix and apply appropriate chemicals.
• In addition, as an organization/community that reflects and appreciates diversity, bilingual communication skills are noted and valued.
• Health Insurance (minimum of 20 hours worked per week)
• On-Site Health Facility - accessible to those covered by a district health insurance plan
• Free Fitness Center - Team Members and Families
• Paid Holidays
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Sick Leave