Arizona Department of Economic Security
REHABILITATION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona.
DES works with families, community organizations, advocates and state and federal partners to realize our collective vision that every child, adult, and family in Arizona will be safe and economically secure.
DES serves more than 3 million Arizonans Our Mission is to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable.
REHABILITATION SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Service (DERS)
Rehabilitation Services Administration
Address: 11420 N. 19th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85029
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Rehabilitation Service Technician. This position is responsible for:
• An Associates of Arts/Sciences or Applied Sciences in a discipline related to human services; or 21 semester hours in a discipline related to human services and one-year experience in a vocational rehabilitation or independent living program; or • A High School diploma or GED and two years’ experience ln a vocational rehabilitation or independent living program; or
• Three years’ experience in an organized program providing services to individuals with disabilities. • Completion of a certificate program in disability awareness social services, substance abuse or other behavioral services field from an accredited college substitutes for one year of experience.
• Applicants for this position shall be subject to a search of the Child Protective Services Central Registry. Applicants for this position will required to apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets DES requirements for a Level One card.
• To support duties by assisting with various duties of the counselor for case management. Provide team approach assistance to counselor for the client referral process through closure of the client care. • Interview applicants for intake & provide case note w/general client information of client self-report of disability, socio-economic information, medical/psychological issues, and general disability related issues. • Maintain client case files to ensure all information is up to date. Gather client signatures of required documentation for the Electronic Case File (ECF) including but not limited to voter registration, eligibility/IPE extensions, required scanned documents, monitoring 90-day client contact, and entering of case notes into ECF. • Provides assistance to the client with direct contact to identify client issues, understand the client services, understand counselor’s directions, and assist the client directly or bring to the counselor’s attention.
• Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations in regard to provision of rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities, guidelines and best practices of the Vocational Rehabilitation program, a variety of disabilities. • Knowledge of disabling medical conditions, and available community resources. • Knowledge of Knowledge of various computer software programs, to include Microsoft Office Suite, internet applications, and email. • Required skills are to observe behaviors with regard to possible employment and employment expectations, assist in case load management and data entry into automated information system. • Required skills to maintain up-to-date progress notes in case file, problem solving and decision making • Required skills on written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and have a good working relationship with individuals being served. • Ability to prioritize, assign and review work, effective utilization of resources; resolve issues; provide information to customers, providers, community organizations. • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. • Ability to collect assessment information needed for the VR Counselor to determine eligibility of applicant, monitor client progress, input client data into Libera automated system.
8:00 AM-5:00 PM