Reliability Lab Tech
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Laboratory Technician conducts chemical and physical laboratory tests of solid materials and liquids and analyzes test data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts routine and non-routine tasks following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Understands inspection techniques: (LIMIT SAMPLES) (CHECK FIXTURES) (GO-N-GO GAGES) (QUALAITY KEY POINTS) (RULER) (PROFILOMETER) ( CALIPERS) (MICROMETER)
- Completes daily testing for coatings in Environmental chambers
- Interprets test results, compares them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release
- Strong computer skills
- Monitors and maintains gagepack calibration database
- Responsible for calibration of all hand tools and gages in plant-internal calibration and external tracking of calibration performed by 3rd party
- Knowledge of inspection standards and quality key points
- Issues and monitors all measurement gages
- Writes and submits reports to supervisory personnel when required
- Observes workers using equipment to verify that equipment is being operated and maintained accordingly to quality assurance standards
- Completes documentation required by department
- Ensures that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
- Has general awareness of safety requirements and regulations
- Understands the requirements and uses of Personal Protective Equipment
- Trained on work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department
- Responsible for maintaining TS16949; ISO14001 and OSHA compliance
- All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- May interact with chemicals, elements and potential hazardous organisms
- Manual dexterity required to use laboratory equipment, desktop computer and peripherals
- Intermittent physical activity including standing, sitting and lifting
- Overtime as required
- Community College diploma in related field or four years related work experience
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of chemical, biological and physical testing and analyses including the preparation of materials, equipment and samples
- Knowledge of arithmetic for use in computation of test results and analysis
- Knowledge of data processing
- Ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment for standard chemical, biological and physical testing
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity skills in laboratory manipulative techniques
- Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence
- Manage time effectively
- Good presentation skills
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.