RESIDENTIAL BROADBAND TECHNICIAN
Residential Broadband Technician
Having a career in cable television doesn’t mean you have to audition for a reality show. In fact, working as a Residential Broadband Technician (or formerly known as Universal Home Technician) is a pretty sweet gig that doesn’t even involve surviving on an island with strangers or being cutthroat in a kitchen. If Tech Installer or Maintenance Technician are skills in your wheelhouse, this might be a role in which you were meant to play!
This opportunity is with Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and we’re all about connecting our customers to a world of possibilities.
What You’ll Do
• Install, disconnect, and troubleshoot for Cox products, including high speed internet, telephony and automation services. You’ll be working with things like alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded wires.
• Share our amazing products with our customers, how to use them, and what upgrades are available.
• Just to bring a little paperwork into your world, you’ll document the results of each of your visits, and guide customers through the legal linguistics of waivers, agreements, and release forms.
• Drive a company vehicle, which includes planning your daily route, ordering necessary equipment, and supplying, stocking and maintaining your vehicle (including but not limited to your favorite passenger seat snack).
• Take part in training sessions, so you can be up to speed on our latest products, services, and safety guidelines. And then apply that knowledge to your day-to-day work.
• You want the best for your customers, and you’ll ensure the quality of services provided them meets established industry and company performance standards and is compliant with all applicable national, state and local laws and regulations.
What’s In It For You?
• The best in workspace tools and technology are a must for you to do your best work, so Cox makes sure you have a tool belt filled with the most innovative equipment and resources available.
• If you’re looking for a truckload of benefits, we’ve got plenty to install, starting with great, highly competitive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We’ll also connect you with tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (cool, right?) and much more.
• We’ll wire you up to plenty of opportunities to learn and train so you can amp up your skills and explore opportunities that will help you achieve your goals.
• At Cox, we value things like flexibility and quality of life. We’re proud of (and work hard to maintain) an uplifting company culture that provides a big tent filled with diverse people and big ideas. The trust between our leadership and our teams means you’re working in an environment that supports real change driven by collaboration. Needless to say, we think you’ll feel at home behind the wheel here.
Who You Are
You’re also good with customers, creating a friendly rapport when providing service or troubleshooting issues for them. You know your way around basic PC/Windows software, and you have a driving and work history that you’re proud of.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; post-high school education a plus
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- 1 year experience in a comparable field (e.g., related hands-on trade role)
- 5+ years of experience specifically in-service installation and repair in multiple service provider and/or telecommunications environment.
- Spanish proficiency desirable in some locations
While you won’t need to bench press for this gig, you are able to handle a number of different physical requirements, from climbing ladders to carrying equipment. You’re easy-going about things like small workspaces, working outdoors, and toasty or frigid temperatures, and you also won’t have any issues with doing the following:
- Carry and use tools and equipment up to 70 pounds, and carry a 28-foot ladder
- Distinguish different wire colors
- Bend, walk, stoop, and crawl, as well as climb ladders and/or utility poles
- Tolerate temporary exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and extreme, non-weather-related heat
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.