Centers Health Care
Respiratory Therapist- Vent Unit
Concord Center is actively seeking a Respiratory Therapist for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Brooklyn, NY.
- Interviewing & examining Residents regarding their respiratory ailments
- Diagnosing respiratory ailments & testing Resident lung capacities
- Examining test results and identifying issues
- Removing mucus and other fluids from Residents lungs
- Clearing Residents airways of physical obstructions
- Educating Residents on lung health and disease prevention
- Instructing Residents on the proper use of equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Providing emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing
- Determining Resident treatment plans with supervising physician
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for Resident's beliefs and property.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Current and valid drivers license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skill
Founded in 1975, the Concord Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a modern, fully equipped, skilled nursing facility offering a full range of medical, social, and rehabilitation services. The facility features 140 beds including 17 vent certified beds. The residents live in attractively furnished private and semi-private rooms.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V