The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
Port Arthur, TX
Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
Full Suite of Health Benefits
Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Respiratory Services and the direct supervision of the Department Manager, the Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory services to patients in accordance with accepted respiratory practices and established Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
Certification through the National Board of Respiratory Care.
2. Candidates must be licensed by the Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
3. Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
4. NICU experience preferred
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
2. Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time.
3. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
4. Occasionally lifts, carries or pushes items weighing fifty (50) pounds or more.
5. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
6. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
7. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries due to moving and lifting patients and equipment.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.