Retail Management Intern- New York- Long Island
Experience first hand what it is like to manage and be part of a store team while gaining a basic overview of store, district, and region operations
Learn about specific aspects of retail management including customer service leadership; policy implementation; sales and inventory management; employee staffing, training and development; sales building and merchandising; and financial management
Participate in designated workshop and travel days centered around topics such as leadership, pharmacy operations, loss prevention, district manager responsibilities, and human resources that will allow you to interact and network with many members of field management
Develop and present your own personal comprehensive project that is tied to real world business activities and initiatives at CVS
* Candidates must be enrolled as a full time or part time undergraduate student in a college or university. Students must be of Junior or Senior standing status in a Business, Retail, or Pharmacy program. Candidates who have 2 year community college equivalent credit hours in business or liberal arts curriculum plus 2-5 years previous retail experience will also be considered.
* Candidates must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
* Candidates should possess leadership qualities and skills and be excited about a potential career in management and retail. *Pharmacy students must be interested in pursuing a pharmacy business career. Clinical pharmacy requirements will not be met during this program.
* Candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the program on a flexible schedule including a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
* Candidates must pass a background check and drug test prior to hiring and being officially accepted into the program.
* Candidates should be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents able to work in the United States with no restrictions.
3rd Year College student plus 2-5 years or equivalent retail experience in a fast paced environment
Students must be of Junior or Senior standing status in a Business, Retail, or Pharmacy program. Candidates who have 2 year community college equivalent credit hours in business or liberal arts curriculum
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.