Retail Security Officer - Southwest Plaza
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is seeking the position of a Pedestrian Security Guard. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
The Pedestrian Safety Officer is responsible for ensuring the efficient and orderly flow of pedestrians, by mitigating the competing priorities of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at intersections throughout the facility. A Pedestrian Safety Officer will direct pedestrians through intersections in coordination with traffic signals while utilizing physical barriers and traffic signs.
Rewarding opportunity for those with security and military backgrounds that want to challenge themselves in their fields!
$1000 Bonuses Available for Qualified Applicants
North Americas Leading Security Services Provider is Hiring
Unarmed Security Officer
Wages - Paid Weekly - $14.71 per hr - and paid training at Minimum Wage
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent for non-driving and 21 years of age for driving positions
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Minimum 3 or more years of experience in traffic management
- Be adequately trained in flagging operations and be certified as a Flagger by the American Traffic Safety Services Association. Proof of Flagger certification must be submitted to the Port Authority before
- For Driving Positions must be 18 years of age, Current state drivers license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Must be able to work entire shift/weekly schedule on a consistent basis and maintain excellent attendance in accordance with company polices. Must be able to work overtime as needed, including being able to stay over if relief is not readily available at the end of the incumbents shift.
- Complete incident/accident reports and submit to a supervisor, on the same day such incident/accident occurs for review
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.