Southgate, MI, United States
Retail Store Associate
Retail Store Associates play a meaningful role within the CVS Health family. At CVS Health, were shaping the future of health care for people, businesses, and communities. With your talents and expertise, you can help us play a more active and supportive role in each persons unique healthcare needs. Join our team of thousands as we positively impact millionsone customer at a time.
The Retail Store Associate position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail setting, to excel in a growing, high impact, customer focused role, working both independently and as a member of a team, to positively impact the lives of others.
* Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
* Focusing on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintaining eye contact and offering help locating additional items, when needed
* Accurately perform cashier duties - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures
* Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager
* Supporting opening and closing store activities, when needed
* Providing customer support to all departments, including photo and beauty, ensuring departments are fully stocked and operational while remaining current with all updated services and tools
* Assisting pharmacy personnel when needed, including working regular shifts in the pharmacy as part of opportunities for growth and career development
* Embracing and advocating for new CVS services and loyalty programs that support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
* At least 16 years of age
* Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
* Lifting and exerting up to 35 lbs of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force regularly to move objects to and from, including overhead lifting
* Visual Acuity - Having close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts/details
* Previous experience in a retail or customer service setting
* High School diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.