Steward Health Care System
RN Emergency Room Full-time 36 Hours Week
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of team-oriented, age specific episodic patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning implementation and evaluation in accordance with the standards of care established by the Patient Care Services department and the Emergency Care Center.
- Performs accurate physiologic and psychosocial focused assessments for assigned patients
- Demonstrates knowledge of the expected plan of care and outcome for the illness or injury being treated. Communicates the plan of care to the patient or reinforces the physicians plan of care. Implements nursing measures and treatment protocols according to established procedures.
- Evaluates the patients response to care or measures implemented. Reassesses vital signs in accordance with established procedures and as indicated by the patients condition. Reassesses physical parameters as indicated by the patients condition or treatment performed. Reports pertinent trends to the physician
- Implements technical aspects of care safely and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Utilizes established policies and procedures
- Accurately administers medications and parenteral solutions according to Patient Care Services and Emergency Care Center policies and procedures. Utilizes the Pyxis cabinet correctly, properly identifies the patient prior to administering medication, screens the patient for medication allergies, and reports adverse drug events in accordance with established policies.
- Accurately documents assessment data and patient responses to interventions. Completes documentation in a timely manner and completes it in a manner that facilitates prompt and accurate billing of the patients account
- Effectively communicates discharge instructions to the patient and family. Assesses patient and family understanding of the instructions. Uses language and methods appropriate to the patients age and education level.
- Effectively communicates with persons calling for advice. Maintains a friendly and helpful attitude and limits specific advice. Appropriately directs patient to resource to obtain care (Physicians office, Emergency Care Center, Pharmacy, etc.). Performs hour rounds on the patient in the waiting room and effectively documents on the waiting room logs while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Performs activities that promote follow-up for patients (i.e., after hours x-rays, labs, follow-up phone calls.
- Effectively handles difficult patients or family members. Maintains a calm non-judgmental demeanor and documents his/her actions or results
- Utilizes down time in an appropriate manner by ensuring treatment rooms are adequately stocked and following up with patients and families regarding change in treatment or to assess progress and satisfaction with care.
- Uses the AIDET/C.A.R.E.S consistently with dealing with patient and their families. Introduces him/herself, Explains the duration of the visit or stay, educates the patient about the disease process, testing, admission, etc. and thanks the patient and their families for choosing SRMC for their healthcare needs
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License
- High School diploma - BSN preferred
- ACLS (within 90 days of hire)
- NIHSS (within 90 days of hire)
- PALS (within six (6) months of hire)
- Background Checks (as required by law)
- Vacation time
- Sick Time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID messagePlease note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.