Horizon Home Care & Hospice
West Bend, WI
RN - Hospice Clinical Supervisor
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Bringing quality of life to the end of life.
Our RN - Hospice Clinical Supervisor oversees Horizon's Lawlis Family Hospice Center, a 14-bed Hospice Inpatient Unit located on the serene Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukee campu, as well as, Kathy's Hospice, a 8-bed Kathy's Hospice Inpatient Unit located in the rolling hills of the Froedtert West Bend campus. We seek a knowledgeable self-starter who believes in the impact a strong supervisor/mentor can have on staff and how that will enrich quality of care for our patients.
- Supervises the assignment and coordination of clients admission.
- Supervises/coordinates unit staffing levels (24/7), including holidays, vacations, etc.
- Reviews the quality of documentation as it relates to clinical and regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of care and services provided by acting as a resource for clinical issues or concerns.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all aspects of home care reimbursement including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and Commercial Insurance through managing the process of patient payers and authorization.
- Acts as a consultant/educator for staff to include: provision of rationale for hospice interventions, coached plan of care development, and evaluation of complex/difficult situations as a learning opportunity for all staff.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 3-5 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle