Oasis Behavioral Health
RN - Night shift
**** $5,000 sign on bonus available ****
World-renowned residential treatment center seeking a Registered Nurse (RN).
Night shift available.
Responsible for the delivery of evidence-based care within a healing, supportive, and recovery-friendly environment, a Registered Nurse (RN) at Sierra Tucson is primarily responsible for supporting patients in a positive and therapeutic environment. As an essential member of the care team, successful RNs perform various responsibilities vital to a patients recovery experience and take pride in being a member of an exemplary care team.
The essential functions of an RN include providing and coordinating care by assessing the physical and behavioral health needs of patient, developing and implementing nursing care plans, maintaining medical records, and educating patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions. Other functions include:
- Providing nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as abiding by facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensuring physicians orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensuring a patients status is assessed on an ongoing basis and that the pertinent information gathered is documented while notifying the physician of any significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Creating nursing treatment plans specific to assessed needs with an initial treatment plan created upon admission.
- Demonstrating knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administering medications per ordered note and documenting the accurate counts of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Being responsible for completing admission and discharge processes efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibiting therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patient direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
- Providing direction or coordination of the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicating therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers, and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer one year of nursing experience within a clinical area of service provided by a facility.
- Current RN license as required by the state.
- CPR and De-escalation/Restraint certification required (with training available upon hire and offered by the department).
- First Aid may be required.
Driven by our Core Values, Sierra Tucson offers a culture of caring and support to its staff as well as to the residents its serves.
Our Core Values:
- Relationships We respond promptly and respectfully to all concerns. We actively focus on listening with intent to satisfy needs, ensuring that people always feel valued. We aim to develop quality outcomes to drive satisfaction, loyalty, and opportunities to serve.
- Integrity We act honestly, consistently, and fairly in order to provide the highest ethical standards.
- Compassion We demonstrate warmth, sensitivity, and positive regard to patients, residents, family members, and others. We hold a sacred space as we walk with them on their journey.
- Excellence We provide highly reliable service, supported by evidence-based research, in our continuous pursuit of innovation in order to attain quality outcomes.
- Teamwork We strive to work in collaboration with others in order to create a common vision.
In addition to working for a premier treatment center with a competitive salary, our employees enjoy these other great benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- FSA and HSA
- Holiday Pay
- Training Provided
- Team Atmosphere
- State-of-the-art Equipment and Facility
- Electronic Medical Records
If you are interested in this position, are a registered nurse in Arizona, and are looking to work in a premier facility with excellent benefits and employee appreciation, we would love to speak with you about this exceptional opportunity! Relocation assistance may be provided to the successful candidate.
Since 1983, Sierra Tucson has led the way in addiction and behavioral health treatment in Arizona, across the country and internationally. Distinguished for comprehensive programs, innovative and effective therapies, and clinical excellence, personified by an extraordinary and highly credentialed staff, Sierra Tucson provides comprehensive treatment to identify and resolve underlying issues that cause behavioral health disorders. Sierra Tucson combines integrative and experiential therapies with evidence-based practices to provide a full range of treatment modalities. Patients receive the resources, support, and tools necessary for long-term change to occur, including one full year of continuing care and a lifetime of alumni services. Our serene, 160-acre campus is located in beautiful Tucson, Arizona, and is a place of peace, hope and healing.
We will be a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of addiction and other chronic behavioral health disorders. We will provide a continuum of evidence-based treatment that delivers the highest quality of care and improves the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
Sierra Tucson Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a safe place for emotional, physical, and spiritual healing with a collaborative community of professionals who provide insight, understanding, and empowerment enhanced by a lifetime of alumni support.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required of the job holder based upon business needs and at the request of Facility.