Horizon Home Care & Hospice
RN - Visit Nurse - Home Care Milwaukee
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
NEW Care Model - Visit RN's needed!! Work a flexible 6 hours a day, get paid for 8 hours!!
Need to be home for a portion of the day, but need a full paycheck?
Then this is the role for you!
The future of health care is home care. When a patient leaves the hospital after a surgery or injury, sometimes further care in the home is needed until fully healed. Thats where we come in.
Horizon has opportunities to perform home care visits Monday - Friday / 6 hours a day.
And now, with our NEW Visit RN Care Model, you only work 6 hours a day, but get paid for 8 hours!
As a Visit Nurse you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality home care services that reflect the philosophy and standards of home care health and nursing care of assigned patients. Provides services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice.
- Assess patient conditions and family / caregiver's conditions accurately and completely during each visit (conditions may include physiological, psychosocial and / or spiritual).
- Identify and provide for patient and family's educational needs.
- Provide patient care per physician orders and Agency policy.
- Complete all required patient and Agency paperwork in an accurate, thorough, legible and timely fashion to reflect a clear picture of care provided.
- Transcribe, implement and evaluate new physician orders accurately.
- Communicate patient's issues and concerns to the Case Manager, appropriate health care professional, and / or Clinical Manager in a timely and accurate manner.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Med/Surg or Home Care experience
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle