The Geo Group
RN-12 HR - DAY SHIFT
Facility: George W. Hill
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
A world of opportunities awaits you!
RN's, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are the leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. We are seeking a Registered Nurse to initiate and provide comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of operational security. This role does have supervisory responsibilities and requires an RN experienced in crisis intervention, handling medical emergencies and providing medical nursing care.
With us, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
As a Registered Nurse you will perform a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system. You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of physician’s orders as well as supervising the work flow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) staff.
- Assisting physician with sick call by screening patients and assisting with minor surgical procedures.
- Ensuring that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary.
- Making observation rounds on patients and recording in progress notes.
- Evaluating symptoms, reactions and progress of patients on periodic basis, charting; and reporting problems to management.
- Maintaining security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates.
- Properly disposing of all needles/syringes.
- Maintaining compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Documenting all detainee/inmate contacts.
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical records.
- Coordinating Chronic Disease Clinic scheduling.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled RN! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this nursing role will be a good fit for you. If it is, apply today!
Registered Nurse requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from a NLN (National League of Nurses) approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located.
- Maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- 2 years of direct work experience, preferred.
- Ability to provide the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care and psychiatric nursing care.
- Ability to perform nursing diagnosis and appropriate follow through treatment without direct supervision.
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program – Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts