Kansas City, KS
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Health & Safety Coordinator develops, administers, and implements companywide occupational safety programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more divisions and/or departments. The Health & Safety Coordinator plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental occupational safety programs.
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all (Company Name) employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for (Company Name) supervisors and field employees, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and report accidents. Review property and injury reports. Responsible for overall administration of workers compensation program.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs.
- Assist line and staff management in understanding OSHA and Environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections and citations.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Write safety standards for electrical utility departments in compliance with industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement complex safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in electrical utility areas.
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or;
- Five years safety related work experience in a manufacturing environment. Master Degree is a plus.
- Safety certification training is considered a strong asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations and workers compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Knowledge of concrete formwork, demolition, and heavy civil work is an asset.
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System, specifically Super HR
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.