Paid Personal Time, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K / Retirement Plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Museum Store Mission Statement: The Museum Store enhances the guest experience and promotes the museum’s mission by offering merchandise that educates, inspires, and entertains. Profits support MIM and its programs.
Position Summary: Exceed MIM brand expectations by offering exceptional service to each guest while generating revenue for the Museum. Hours are full-time (30 hours per week). Must have open and flexible availability including weekends, holidays, and some evenings.
- Provide excellent customer service to all MIM guests.
- Process sales transactions accurately using Counter-Point SQL.
- Perform store opening and closing functions.
- Assist with restocking, cleaning, and merchandising in the store and retail storage areas.
- Assist with cycle counts and annual inventory.
- Assist with other projects as required.
- Must follow department dress code.
- High school or equivalent degree and at least 2 years of retail experience in a museum, book, or music store is desirable. Knowledge of music and musical instruments preferred.
- Inventory, shipping, and receiving experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with visitors, team members, and volunteer team members.
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional guest-focused engagement on and off the sales floor.
- Ability to balance a cash register.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to stand during shift and lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Supervisory responsibilities: None