Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Salvage Material Handler
Are you right for Goodwill?
Our mission to provide jobs and training to people to gain skills and achieve independence is why we do what we do. Our success happens when all team members believe in and support our mission and live by our values every day. If you will contribute to our mission, live our values, and commit to doing your best, please complete this application. If you cannot commit to do all of these things, please stop here and do not complete the application.
With the right team members, we can realize our vision where all people have the opportunity to reach their potential and contribute to our community.
How this role supports our mission:
The Salvage Material Handler loads and unloads trucks and trailers, move merchandise into/out of the warehouse, dock or the yard, assist with sorting of merchandise and operate a forklift as required. The incumbent may also drive trucks as necessary.
What we require from you:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- One (1) years related driving experience.
- Ability to drive a two-ton truck; properly secure and distribute cargo; operate a forklift; and use lift gates and hand trucks.
- General knowledge of the city; GPS; maps; traffic signs; and basic mechanical knowledge.
- Have a valid Arizona driver license and meet requirements of insurance company regarding driving record.
- Ability to obtain a DOT card.
- Must pass the strength and agility test with a "Medium" score, or higher
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds; stand for long periods, bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
- Ability and willingness to perform all job tasks with a positive attitude.
- Communicate in an honest, polite, and well-intentioned manner.
- Do the right thing
- Sort, stack and bale merchandise and places merchandise in the proper location.
- Perform inventories of merchandise, equipment etc.
- Assist Truck Drivers in backing up and parking trucks and trailers.
- Load and unload trucks and trailers and place merchandise in proper location in the warehouse or yard.
- Provide good customer service and professional image at all times. Provide donors with a receipt.
- Handle merchandise safely while preserving its value.
- Clean and maintain dock and dock area, trucks, trailers bale area and Cherrybell yard. Clean up work area at end of each shift.
- Assist in security of Goodwill merchandise, equipment and property. Recognize all merchandise, equipment and property donated to or purchased by Goodwill is the property of Goodwill and is not to be taken, stolen, sold, given away or thrown away inappropriately.
- Utilize safe, appropriate operation of lift gates, floor jack, and other material handling equipment.
- Operate equipment in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform truck driving duties as necessary.
- Perform housekeeping duties; clean, straighten, sweep, mop, wash and dust.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, moving trucks and forklifts, and with moderate noise levels.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Sick Leave
Company-paid Telemedicine plan
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Long- and Short-term Disability
Identity Theft Protection
403(b) retirement plan
30% employee discount
Criminal background screenings will be conducted on all eligible candidates. Only convictions that could impact this position will be considered.
We encourage all national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ