EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Provide operational expertise relating to battery design and characterization. This position will conceive, develop and perform experiments to realize new and improved materials with unique properties to improve performance of batteries. The work will also include electrochemical characterization, abuse testing, battery degradation and failure mode analysis to optimize battery performance and reliability.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Perform various battery fabrication techniques ( coin cells, pouch cells and other configurations )
- Conduct battery testing and characterization including calendar life, cycle life, rate capability, cyclic voltammetry, AC impedance and others as needed
- Perform battery abuse testing including electrical, thermal and mechanical abuse
- Develop test strategies, hardware and software needed to validate the performance of battery systems in an R&D environment
- Improve utilization of battery testing equipment
- Generate regular progress reports and keep supervisor informed of testing status and results
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and possesses a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism
- Ability to successfully interact with multiple personalities
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or a related field
- BS with 5-7 years of experience, MS with 3-5 years or PhD with 2-3 years of experience
- Hands on experience in the battery industry is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.