Security Coordinator- Semiconductor Lab
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 7pm-7am
Pay Rate: 22.00 / Hr
Location: Milpitas, CA
- Ensure CCTV and Access Control systems are monitored by contract Security personnel
- Issue employee, contractor and visitor badges and keys
- Perform periodic facility rounds
- Write, and issue Incident Reports
- Interact professionally with local Police or Fire Department agencies when required
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Perform all required emergency equipment inspections (fire extinguishers, emergency lights, emergency response inventories, etc.)
- Lead ERT responses as an Incident Commander
- Check first aid cabinets and medical bags and restock when necessary
- Report to the Site Manager any incidents and perform investigations when necessary
- First Aid Kits
- Acid Waste Neutralization Readings
- Metered Readings throughout the site
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Lighting/Exits
- High School Diploma, Some College
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Applicants have demonstrated a strong propensity for hands-on work and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, and to manage shifting priorities and to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills are essential
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Must be physically capable to use an air-purifying respirator
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- 12-Hour Shift on an alternating 3-day/4-day week schedule
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is seeking the position of a Security Lobby/Receptionist. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
As a Security Lobby/Receptionist for Allied Universal, you will be Responsible for the Security and Safety of our clients property and personnel. As the Allied Universal Security Lobby/Receptionist, you will oversee front desk operations that will include answering and responding to incoming calls, greeting and directing visitors, and general administrative duties.
- Be at least 18 years of age for non-driving positions
- Posses a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience where sites allow for non-driving positions
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Maintain front desk phone system to include answering incoming calls, responding to caller inquiries, directing calls as appropriate, and taking and giving accurate messages
- Greet and direct visitors as appropriate based on purpose of their visit
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills required and ability to accurately maintain and organize large volumes of paperwork
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.