Security Dispatch Operator - Full Time
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
- The position is for a Global Security Dispatch Operator at our Global Security Operations Center in Dearborn, MI. The Shift Would Be Full Time Midnights. The position starts at $17/Hr.
Overview of Position:
Allied Universal is currently seeking motivated and qualified candidates to join our Global Security Operation Center (GSOC) team as a GSOC Operator. The GSOC is a 24 hours per day, 7 days per week operation. The SOC Operator is responsible for using best practices to identify, analyze, and support all incidents that are either impactful or potentially impactful to business, the brand and or employees. This position is responsible for using skills to communicate information surrounding those incidents to leadership as appropriate. The GSOC Operator will monitor cameras and alarms, dispatch associated calls via telephone and radio. As well, as operate access control and life safety technology, and provide general assistance to both employees and guests. The GSOC operator supports client sites as they prepare for, respond to, and recover from both crisis and non-crisis incidents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor multiple Security Alarms Systems in order to identify potential risks to company offices and assets
- Track and dispatch resources as needed alarms, safety issues, facility issues, etc.
- Assist with access control into the garages and dispatch Security staff for escorts
- Conduct research and analyze incidents that could potentially pose a risk to company assets
- Assess situations and their potential impact on business and the safety of the employees
- Prepare detailed Incident Reports (IRs) for review and further investigation
- Manage GSOC and Emergency Hotline (phone line)
- Efficiently monitoring all GSOC equipment and tools (access control, phone line, life safety systems, video management systems, badging systems, etc.)
- Prepare incident notifications that include all pertinent information for each stakeholder
- Ability to handle multiple incoming priority items and efficiently handle high-stress, fast-pace incidents
- Analytical, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate via email, phone, radio, and messaging systems
- Capable of investigating and tracking of incidences real-time, while being able to communicate updates to Security & Safety Management
- Comfortable using a computer i.e. Microsoft Office tools, use of Windows operating system, and learning new computer software (client proprietary systems)
- Professional demeanor, along with excellent customer service skills
- Clear understanding of FEMAs Incident command system (IC-100 certification as a minimum)
- Must be knowledgeable of all client and company SOC policies and procedures
- Experience with Ccure 9000, DvTel, D3, or Genetec (is a plus)
- Typing speed of 30wpm or more (is a plus)
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.