Denver Art Museum
Denver, CO, United States
Security Guards, Flex Full Time - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
The Denver Art Museum is seeking candidates for the position of Security Guards, Flex Full Time within the Protective Services department. The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the museums visitors, staff and volunteers while safeguarding and securing its physical assets, including its artwork and facilities.
This position is benefited and designated as full time and will work a schedule with 40 hours a week.
The incumbent will receive on-the-job training to meet the requirements of the position, which include responding to emergency situations, adherence to institutional polices, techniques for prevention and de-escalation, and use of security technology.
Pay: The hiring hourly for the position is $18.00-$22.50. A .50 language differential is available for hours worked for candidates who have Spanish speaking proficiency.
Benefits: A comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, that can be extended to domestic partner, spouse, and children.
- DAM 100% paid Life Insurance, and Short/Long Term Disability.
- Generous sick and vacation paid time off and one personal day.
- Ten paid holidays.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and those who meet the requirements will qualify for the 3% non-elective contribution and 2% match program.
- A free RTD Eco Pass.
- A free DAM Family Membership.
- Free Telehealth and Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to Headspace.
- Two weeks Paid Parental Leave.
- Observe and report activities and incidents
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods.
- Consistent usage of the Racial Equity Lens in day-to-day operations
- Yearly goal setting to support Racial Equity Roadmap initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
- No previous security experience is required.
- Bilingual candidates who can perform all aspects of the job in both English and Spanish are preferred, but not required.
- Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or GED, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate orally and in writing, and communicate effectively and diplomatically with a diverse group of people. Candidates should also be skilled in exercising initiative, judgment, and decision-making while working independently, and can work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the museum.
- Employees are expected to embody the DAMs institutional values, which include being dynamic, respectful, inclusive, creative, and curious, and must maintain effective and positive working relationships with employees, volunteers, contractors, and the general public.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Two-Way radio
- Security alarm/access control system and CCTV System
- Fire alarm panel and computer monitoring system.
- First aid/SPR supplied and AED.
Required Training and Certifications:
- The ability to obtain a Security Guard License from the City and County of Denver
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Able to quickly evacuate/help others to do the same in the event of an emergency.
- Able to climb the building stairs, a minimum of 3 floors without stopping within 90 seconds.
- 20/20 binocular vision, corrected to a minimum of 20/30.
- Three dimension and color vision.
- Demonstrate physical agility by bending over and picking up a coin.
- Able to lift and operate to discharge, a 10-lb. fire extinguisher.
- Lift a 25-lb small child (simulated) and carry as in rescue situation for 25 ft.
- Hear a normal conversation, or radio traffic, in a typical museum environment.
- Must pass an annual basic medical exam to assure ability to complete the job requirements.
NOTE: The DAM prioritizes adaptability and a human-centered work environment. We are happy to consider accommodations to the position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We know there is no such thing as a perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the add! We believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We know that searching for a job can be stressful so we would like to give you an overview of the process to manage expectations. This role may require a phone screen, interviews with hiring manager and or panel that will be held in-person at the DAM or video.
DENVER ART MUSEUM:
As an institution, we believe the Denver Art Museum is both a platform for and an amplifier of the voices of people of all races. We acknowledge that Black lives matter and communities of color Latinx, Indigenous, Black, and others have been underrepresented in art museums over decades, both internally and externally. We are committed to elevating all voices, artworks and perspectives and strive to support racial equity inside and out.
We prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, political service or affiliation, genetic information, or disability, as well as any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We strive to provide a professional and positive work environment for our employees. The Museum expressly prohibits any form of employee harassment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, political service or affiliation, genetic information, disability or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Actions based on these or any legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
We encourage the freedom of gender expression and/or gender presentation. As an institution, we do not create barriers that may prevent any employee from expressing behaviors, mannerisms, interests, and appearances that represent their authentic personality or culture. Qualified candidates are expected to exemplify the DAMs internal values, which include being dynamic, respectful, inclusive, creative, and curious. The ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships with visitors, employees, volunteers, representatives of public and private entities, policy making bodies, and contractors is critical to the success of this position.
The Museum believes vaccination is an important measure to protect the health and safety of everyone from significant illness due to COVID-19 infection. As a condition of employment, employees must present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on their first day of employment or receive an exemption or other reasonable accommodation due to circumstances protected under federal or state law that prevent the employee from being vaccinated. Employees are also mandated to receive a booster within 6 months of being fully vaccinated.