Security Network Engineer, Senior
The Senior Cloud Network Security Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and engineering support for CVS Healths firewall, web proxy and DNS environments both on-premise and in the Cloud as a member of the Internet Engineering team. The Senior Engineer position would collaboratively work with team members to support all Internet Engineering infrastructure platforms/services under the Network & Collaboration umbrella.
The Senior Cloud Network Security Engineer provides network security expertise in the analysis, assessment, development, and evaluation of security solutions and architectures to secure applications, operating systems, databases, and networks. Additionally, the Cloud Network Security Engineer assists in the development of network security requirements, assists in technical regulatory compliance efforts, evaluates security services and technologies, and reviews and documents information security policies and procedures as well as provides monitoring and oversight for alerts in this environment.
The Senior Cloud Network Security Engineer has a broad, generalist knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and automation in multiple cloud provider environments. Theyre able to develop infrastructure software in teams and are comfortable with modern approaches to testing and code reviews. They will ideally have a specialist area in network security (firewalls, web proxy, DNS/IPAM)but are able to turn their attention to a research spike and learn something new rapidly.
This role will include capabilities on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and GCP.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Cloud Network Security Engineer include:
* Consult with and train other units to ensure that problems are resolved, and effective knowledge transfer has occurred when new PC and/or server hardware/software is introduced to the environment
* Anticipate and document the financial implications of assigned work
* Serve as point of escalation for less experienced staff, involved in determination of need for vendor assistance in problem resolution
* Provide team leader functions for projects (system upgrades, changes)
* Train others on own team to enable them to support the environment
* Keep abreast of new cloud and automation developments, evaluate alternative approaches and recommend new software or modifications which enhance operations and development activities
* Identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service within the distributed computing environment and associated departments
* Mentor less experienced team members by instructing, assisting, directing, responding to questions and serving as an escalation point for problem resolution
* Provide clear documentation of technical solutions and communicate plans to management and customers
* Perform related duties as required or assigned
* 3-5+ years of experience in Public Cloud technologies including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or GCP, specifically in networking and security solutions and implementation.
* 3-5+ years of experience in DevOps scripting and automation using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and/or Terraform
* 3-5+ years of technical experience with network security technologies (ex. Firewalls, proxy and DNS/IPAM environments)
* Experience with Cisco Network Security Technologies
* Experience with McAfee or Forcepoint proxies
* Experience with Infoblox
* Information Technology/Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* Information Technology/Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP)
* Information Technology/Linux+ Certification - Computing Technology Industry Association (Comp TIA)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.