Security Officer - Armed
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal has security jobs and are seeking to fill the position for an Armed Security Officer. Our Armed Security Officers allow us to contribute to our companys core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
The Armed Security Officer is a deterrent to criminal activity by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in properly worn uniform and associated equipment.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be US Citizen
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must possess 2 years of armed security experience, or past law enforcement and/or military experience
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit background investigation to include previous employment, reference checks, and motor vehicle record
- Must successfully pass additional background investigation for site access
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner
- Have tactful and professional relations with employees and visitors at facilities
- Must efficiently screen visitors and record precise information to a log
- Identify, report, and address reportable incidents at facilities in accordance to policy
- Work remotely or alone in a safe manner
- Subject to standing, walking, or sitting for long periods of time
- Must be proficient with the use and safe handling of firearms
- Maintain monthly and semi-annual training requirements
- Detect and immediately respond to site emergencies
- Effectively communicate via 2 way radio and cell phone on a daily basis
- Conduct random foot/vehicle patrols of facility property
- Operate a motor vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- Respond to incidents without delay including but not limited to the following: suspicious persons, alarms, unsecure gates, calls for service, etc.
- Check fence lines for integrity issues and physically inspect gate locks
- Perform random vehicle and/or package inspections
- Post at entry points and assist emergency responders with gaining access to the facility during emergencies, and assist others with evacuations during emergencies
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.