Protects the assets of the company and provides a safe environment for employees and guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enforce company security regulations.
- Guard transfer of money and throughout casino.
- Perform all security-related duties for the casino.
- Represent the company and its property to ensure all casino regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Patrol all sections of the casino to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Maintain confidentiality according to Harrah?s guidelines.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Administer first aid and CPR as needed
- Initiate and conduct the investigative process, when necessary, under the direction of the Security Supervisor.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah?s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prior security experience preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have a valid ID.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be honest and trustworthy.
- Must have good attendance record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to run.
- Physically able to lift and carry 25 lbs. in each hand at the same time for short distances.
- Physically able to assist in moving heavy carts.
- Physically able to stand/walk long periods of time, regardless of weather conditions.
- Must be able to push heavy loads, bend, reach, kneel, twist, grip, stoop and crouch.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be alert and observant of your surroundings.
- Must be alert to radio traffic in noisy casino environment.
- Must have the ability to be firm, yet polite, when necessary.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in adverse situations.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
- Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).