Security Shift Supervisor - Mass Transit
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal, culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. We are North Americas leading security services provider with over 265,000 phenomenal employees protecting over 50,000 client sites. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Shift Supervisor.
The Shift Security Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services on a specific shift at an assigned customer. The Security Shift Supervisor will act as a liaison between site supervisor, Account Manager/Field Operations Manager and professional security officers. Supervise staff on assigned shift, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Starting wage: $19.56/hour
Salem Area Mass Transit District Public Mass Transit
To qualify; applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Two-year college degree with primary course work in criminal justice or a related field
- Graduate of a certified law enforcement training program, either civilian or military, or an equivalent or program superior thereto as demonstrated by the applicant
- Satisfactory service as a certified police officer in a military, federal, state, or local capacity or as a correctional officer
- A minimum of one (1) year work experience as a certified security professional, public transportation assignment preferred
A dynamic environment requiring continuous interaction with members of the public. Security Officers will provide a world class customer experience in every interaction, while monitoring and regulating behavior to ensure compliance with transit rider Code of Conduct.
This demanding and rewarding site offers Security Officers the opportunity to work with a diverse population. Security team members work closely with client representative, law enforcement entities, and members of the general public. Basic computer skills are required. Duties include comprehensive record keeping. Officers must maintain daily logs, submit thorough incident reports, and non-employee injury reports.
Defensive equipment is carried on this site. Training and certifications will be provided to selected candidates. Officers are expected to maintain order and use good judgement and discretion in handling unruly passengers or trespassing public. Compliance with Use of Force guidelines is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting;
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test, may be required to pass Drivers Record check
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. With over 265,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.