Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? Were growing quickly and were looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting with the month end close process and ensuring transactions are recorded in the proper period. The Senior Accountant is also a resource for the other members of the corporate accounting team to assist with challenging accounting tasks. The position requires interfacing with various departments in the Company to provide and receive information pertinent to various accounting issues.
- Work in a manner that meets budgeted costs and constraints of the accounting department.
- Assist in measuring Companys performance toward achieving its goals.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of the month end close process and search for continuous improvement in quality and timeliness of work.
- Completes required account reconciliations and expense analysis.
- Reviews payroll reports for multiple entities and makes necessary journal entries to properly record on general ledger.
- Coordinates preparation of monthly property management fee billing.
- Reviews and posts the corporate cash entries.
- Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations.
- Work closely with accounting manager to respond to requests from external auditors including completing support schedules and providing detail as requested.
- Review preliminary statements and investigate unusual fluctuations and unexpected activity.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly internal management reports
- Maintain and improve reporting as needed to meet management requests.
- Draft and update accounting policies, procedures, practices and guidelines as requested by management.
- Conduct special projects and other services at the request of management, which includes financial analysis and accounting research.
- Bachelors degree from a four year college or university, preferably with an accounting major.
- 3 to 5 years related accounting experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in various software packages including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office.
- Must be proficient in use of various accounting software.Yardi experience a plus.
- Property Management experience a strong plus.
- Use data from different sources to identify issues and quickly identify the central or underlying issues in a complex situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to work independently.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Performs duties in a professional manner and in accordance with laws and regulations.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.