Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
CVS Health Digital is looking for passionate individuals who want to join high-energy and fast-paced teams to make a difference in customers' lives and want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. The Senior Backend Application Developer role includes closely working with our product team to drive engineering excellence, partner with business and other cross-functional IT teams to build digital assets, provide expert level support to resolve complex issues and provide RCA, identify gaps in systems in the current digital ecosystem, and provide solutions to enhance overall performance.
About the Role:
This Senior Digital Engineer role is a high visibility, hands on software engineering role that will contribute towards our enterprise strategy for CVS Health digital customers. In this role, the candidate will be working to define and implement digital health solutions to effectively manage prescriptions and medications there by directly impacting patient lives. To be effective in this role, you must have a passion and knowledge for building highly scalable systems while working across a wide net of teams and skillsets.
- Work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in designing solutions and developing elegant code, state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences and build industry leading digital experiences.
- Be a technologist and work closely with digital product management to build industry leading digital experiences.
- Partner with application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) planning meeting and establish face-to-face communication across all team and Product Owners
- Analyze and contribute to project and business requirements based on product team milestones and priority.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum team activities including Sprint Planning, Grooming, Scrum, Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Ability to solves some cross team/platform wide problems with minimal assistance.
- Will be responsible for end-to-end application delivery including production deployment, application operationalization, and observability.
- Continuously checking and monitoring App health and KPIs, support triage of any production issues as and when needed
- Be an advocate for and implementer of security best practices.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Adopt and apply industry technology best practices.
- 7+ years of experience in large scale software development
- 7+ years of experience in developing applications/web services and cloud native apps using Java, Spring Boot, REST API, JPA, Junit, Mockito and other tech stacks (Open source and proprietary)
- 5+ years of experience with agile development required
- 3+ years of experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes etc)
- 3+ years of experience working in cloud platforms like GCP, AZURE, AWS etc.
- 3+ years of experience with build and deploy services using GitHub, CircleCI, Harness, Jenkins, GITLab as part of CI/CD
- Experience in GraphQL is preferred
2+ years of experience to KAFKA, NO Sql & Cache Datastore
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
The typical pay range for this role is:
$132,250.00 - $260,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the companys equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Companys 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off ("PTO") or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.