Town of Marana
Senior Budget Analyst
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Senior Budget Analyst to work in the Finance Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in leading and coordinating the development of the Town's annual budget.
Hiring Range: $55,627 - $69,534
- Leads and coordinates the development of the Town-wide annual budget and CIP plan including compilation of the same for submission for the GFOA award. Develops presentations for Council and other public meetings.
- Prepares periodic budget analysis and proposals for approval; prepares reports for presentation to departments and Council; provides support to departments and responds to inquiries.
- Assists Town wide procurement activities in relation to budgetary capacity and consistency.
- Develops, implements and monitors performance measures in conjunction with Town departments; assists departments in cost/benefit analysis, budget amendments and forecasting; may lead other staff in the performance of budget related duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or closely related field.
- Over three years of related experience in finance, budget, or accounting.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in a municipal government setting
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting best practices for a municipal government setting.
- Knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting principles and practices.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on October 18, 2021.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.