Senior Data Analyst
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Senior Data Analyst role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Manage data and perform development or maintenance work on complex data models to support enterprise projects.
- Evaluate data model discrepancies and provide solutions to complicated data integration challenges.
- Coordinate with business units and technical staff to understand data usage, lineage, and attributes.
- Evaluate and support the alignment of data architecture workstreams with business objectives.
- Recommend opportunities for new data models and/or the reuse of data models in new environments.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 4+ Years Experience
- Ability to extract and transform raw data from various data sources
- Ability to perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design
- Ability to detect, troubleshoot, and report data/reporting quality issues; identify ways to improve data/reporting reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Technical Expertise with SQL and AWS Technologies
- Experience working with Big Data
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills
- Experience working in Finance, Mortgage, or Banking verticals
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience with Python and / or R for data analysis
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of relevant software such as MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience using SQL
- Experience using Python
The primary focus of this position will be to work with your colleagues to deliver on the Scorecard items associated with the Mortgage Loan Integrated System as defined by FHFA. Candidate will need to communicate effectively and independently with FHFA and must posses SQL and Mortgage Industry knowledge.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]