Senior Director of Marketing and Commercialization, US Biosimilars Business Unit (US BBU)
US Biogen Biosimilars (US BBU) is seeking great talent to help shape the future of healthcare in the US. If you are a strong leader of innovation, business strategy & execution and people with a diverse commercial background and a track record of success in healthcare delivery, we are looking for you. US Biogen Biosimilars is committed to commercialization in several biologic categories and product launches. With our first FDA application under current review with the FDA, we are a team committed to advancing care for patients needing life changing therapies. As recent industry reports suggest, Biosimilar products in US healthcare have an opportunity to exceed $100 billion USD of savings during the next five years - Biogen is committed to be at the forefront of this opportunity for patients and the US healthcare system.
Currently, the US Biogen Biosimilars team is looking for a Senior Director of Marketing and Commercialization, US BBU to lead a team responsible for contributing toward our vision of being a leader in US Biosimilars. This individual will work in synergy with members of the US commercial teams to ensure a seamless interface between worldwide team while fully integrating marketing efforts for US launch of our first biosimilar. In addition, this individual will lead the development and execution of US BBU product & portfolio strategy and communication platforms to ensure synergistic strategy and execution. The candidate will also build Biogens presence and leadership in biosimilars through the development of a customer focused engagement plan, inclusive of a communication platform, that will clearly & succinctly convey the companys commitment to biosimilars and the brands value in space of the US healthcare delivery.
US BBU puts patients first, while providing outstanding service for our customers and opportunities for our people to develop exciting, rewarding careers. By joining the US BBU, you will become part of a team laying the foundations for sustainable growth and building our organization from the ground up. You will develop and deliver strategies to bring more affordable biologic treatments to patients in a growing range of therapeutic areas. You will build insight driven customer strategies by understanding their requirements today and anticipating their needs for the future. You will lead teams to achieve goals with purpose while helping them master new skills.
As part of the US BBU leadership team, you will be part of a global business unit. You will be part of a team of people who are empowered to work with autonomy, agility, and determination to deliver for patients. US BBU presents a unique opportunity for committed experienced professionals who are ready to unlock the potential of biosimilars to transform more lives.
- Lead development and execution of the US biosimilar strategy and communication platform for our first product launch (ophthalmology aVEGF), in collaboration with matrix team, including Worldwide partners to ensure synergistic messaging and execution across the brand and business unit.
- Champion innovation, seek learnings from other brands and other industries to innovate our go to market approach beyond existing solutions.
- Partner with US leaders and global business partners to optimize marketing mix & channel selection with a focus on digital and omnichannel execution.
- Manage indication-level operating expense decisions to ensure proper resource utilization across EE spend and operating expense management.
- Partner with retinal gene therapy commercial leaders in Ophthalmology to ensure franchise focus is achieved across Ophthalmology biosimilar portfolio and retinal gene therapy shared priorities.
- Create top-line forecasting and revenue opportunities for SB11 brand in conjunction with the Customer Excellence and Operations team.
- Partner & build Biogen biosimilar presence and leadership in the US healthcare through the development of a customer focused engagement plan, inclusive of a communication platform, that will clearly & succinctly convey the companys commitment to HCPs and Patients and the brands value in treating retinal disease and participate in the business strategy.
- In collaboration with US MA&R organization, develop and implement comprehensive access strategy and plan, consistent with brand strategy and inclusive of payer access and patient services model.
- Plan, recruit and develop top marketing talent and build biosimilar professional marketing team; lead and mentor US biosimilars team to communicate performance and strategy presentations to leadership teams.
- Effectively analyze customer insights, brand performance, market trends, & competitive response to inform strategic plan which addresses key challenges and capitalizes on prioritized business opportunities that impact the management and direction of the business.
- Foster strong collaborative working relationships with external and internal customers and positively influence with senior management alignment and decisions; work with training and agency team to support Field Sales Force training with HCP communications, practice management initiatives and overall strategy and messaging.
- Collaborate with a matrix of US & global partners to identify and leverage deep customer insights.
- Develop & partner to implement the strategic and tactical plans to promote SB11 to healthcare practitioners.
- Provide commercial input to optimize the brands US data / evidence generation plan in partnership with biosimilar Medical Affairs.
- Lead highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years of pharmaceutical experience with a minimum of 8+ years of marketing experience.
- Ophthalmology experience strongly preferred and / or deep expertise in marketing buy-and-bill specialty brands.
- Strong leadership skills to lead/contribute to the overall strategic planning and execution of key deliverables.
- Proven leadership ability to lead US teams with proven examples of global partnerships.
- Prior experience managing & developing high performing teams preferred
- Strong track record of execution / implementation across matrix teams; simplifies unnecessary complexity to get to action and value.
- Prior Health Care Practitioner marketing experience with demonstrated expertise in customer focus, insight mining, message development and marketing analytics.
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently driving performance within a matrix organization with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and executive collaboration required.
- Ability to develop and manage strong customer relationships.
Currently, the US Biogen Biosimilars team is looking for a Senior Director of Marketing and Commercialization, US BBU to lead a team responsible for contributing toward our vision of being a leader in US Biosimilars. This individual will work in synergy with members of the US commercial teams to ensure a seamless interface between worldwide team while fully integrating marketing efforts for US launch of our first biosimilar.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.