Freedom Financial Network
Senior Engineer, Front-End Tooling (Remote Work From Home)
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Engineer (full-stack node.js/React) to join our Engineering team. You will be joining a growing team, building the tools and components that enable teams across all of Freedoms products to quickly develop and deliver new consumer experiences. We believe that by improving the Developer Experience, teams will be able to innovate, test, and learn quickly. As a member of this team, youll help us in our relentless honing of the craft of software development: learning modern technologies, adopting and adapting processes and best practices, and leveraging the benefits of automation. We are building a passionate, fast-moving team and we are looking to bring on talented individuals who can help us continue to learn and grow.
Were proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, UT, WA, CO
- Building and maintaining the common libraries, SDKs, and relevant documentation used by Freedoms various product development teams.
- Maintaining Freedoms centralized UI component library and style guides
- Helping teams adopt and contribute to common tooling, frameworks, and seed repositories
- Gathering input, ideas, and perspectives from developers, designers, and product managers across the organization to identify opportunities for improvement, collaboration, and impact.
- Establishing processes and techniques for effectively sharing and versioning libraries and components across teams and products
- Proficient in building full-stack applications on node.js, React, AWS/Google Cloud
- Well-versed in the open-source model of development and experienced managing projects with many peer contributors
- Familiarity or experience in maintaining style guides through tools such as Storybook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for conveying complex technical concepts, architecture, and technical strategy to other teams and leadership.
Voted one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the Bay Area for 2020, Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2000 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
- Be a part of a company that is disrupting the financial services industry for the good of everyday people.
- Create and scale a new group within an organization that continues to grow year over year.
- Drive significant value to a rapidly growing organization in a high-profile position.
- Work with people who are passionately committed to providing innovative financial solutions.
- Competitive benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Paid time-off for volunteer work