Freedom Financial Network
Frederick, MD, United States
Our Platform team continuously delivers reliable and scalable core services that make up the building blocks for most of our products. We also drive the leveraging of new technologies across the company. Are you excited to work on technologies like Go (Golang), Kubernetes, and Cloud Infrastructure? If yes, then come talk to us!
As part of our Platform team, you will help build (ground up) new services that are shared across the Freedom Financial Network companies. An opportunity to participate in the design, architecture, development, and deployment of these new services (end-to-end). You will leverage machine learning and data to deliver intelligent decision-making services which will drive better customer experience. You will find here a highly productive, collaborative, and innovative environment where your voice is heard. This position is 100% remote!
- Participate in the architecture and development of new micro-services for multiple enterprise-level products. You will be building core common services.
- Develop brand new RESTful or Event-Driven services
- Use technology to solve business problems and drive positive outcomes
- Build a scalable technology platform to support a growing business
- Ask questions and never stop learning
- Deliver high-quality code to production
- Collaborate with DevOps for cloud deployment
- Work closely in an agile team of product owners, data scientists, business analysts and engineers in a collaborative environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience coding in Java, C++, Python or Node.js
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs for use in production
- Experience working with Open API standards like Swagger
- Knowledge of Events Framework or Architecture (Kafka, Pub/Sub, Kinesis)
- Knowledge of Micro-services and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
- Knowledge of data: SQL, NoSQL, key-value store, etc.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform is highly preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Docker and/or Kubernetes highly preferred but not required
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred
- Familiarity with DevOps, continuous delivery, configuration management, and tools
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace a healthy, constructive debate.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks dont: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, were passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the financial technology industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZ central and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.