Brennan Manna Diamond
Akron, OH, United States
Senior Financial Analyst
Brennan Manna Diamond (BMD) is looking for a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to provide financial and operational support to our growing and entrepreneurial law firm. BMD is a full-service law Firm, with 8 offices in 3 states, to growth-oriented businesses who value preventive and curative legal services. Our core focus is to empower entrepreneurs, businesses, and communities to solve issues and capitalize on opportunities. We listen, solve issues, and empower our clients to be successful (Clients First). We value and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve (Business Family). We believe in freedom, responsibility, and self-discipline over bureaucracy (Entrepreneurship).
· Minimum 5 years’ experience: The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in accounting and financial statements, and how operational decisions impact financial results.
· Manufacturing or Legal Industry experience preferred: We take a “standard costing” approach to practice management that will resonate with those having manufacturing/cost accounting experience.
· Sales Department support a plus: The ideal candidate has experience working with salespeople/departments, helping them understand their performance and providing recommendations for improvement in profitable growth.
· QuickBooks experience a plus: The ideal candidate has a base-level familiarity or comfort with QuickBooks accounting software.
· BBA Accounting or Finance preferred.
· Budgets & Forecasts: Responsible for maintaining full financial statement (income statement, balance sheet, cash flows) budget and forecast model, updating actuals monthly, forecast quarterly, and budget annually.
· Financial Statement Analysis: Responsible for monthly analysis of financial statements vs budget / forecast and prior year, including explanations of significant variances and recommendations for profit improvement.
· Management Reporting: Responsible for financial and operational reporting, including the creation / automation of recurring (custom) reports through the Firm’s time and billing system (SurePoint). Responsible for debt covenant reporting to the Bank.
· Costing & Profitability / ROI Analyses: Responsible for preparing various profitability and Return on Investment analyses, including attorney costing / profitability, practice profitability, and client profitability.
· Private Family Investment Company Accounting: Responsible for QuickBooks accounting, cash flow, and tax compliance for family investment company, and associated entities.
· Expert-Level Understanding of Excel, Access, or the Like: Must be highly proficient in the use of database and analysis programs.
· Inquisitive & Analytical: Is able to identify anomalies and investigate root causes. Is able to combine financial and operational data to arrive at unique and actionable information and recommendations.
· Attentive to Details: Has an eye for details that more casual observers might miss.
· Organized: Able to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous projects/responsibilities.
· Process-Oriented: Able to streamline processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
· A Good Communicator: Clear, concise, and professional in spoken/written communication.
· Collaborative: Has a high regard for customer service excellence and working as a Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer