Senior Financial Analyst
Job Description SummaryAs a Senior Financial Analyst working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for Division's financial policies, planning, reporting and controls. Oversees all financial functions including accounting, budget, credit, risk, tax, and treasury. Will assist in creating functional strategies and specific objectives for the departments and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing company financial statements and reports
- Track and analyze KPIs and assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports
- Develop financial projections and build financial/operational models
- Understand key business drivers to assist in the general support of the Finance team
- Perform research and analysis as required
- Assist with planning and budgeting processes
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist with monthly analysis and internal reporting of Division financial statements and ensure compliance with company accounting policies and procedures, in accordance with internal reporting requirements
- Performs reconciliations, journal entries, analysis, and reporting related to assigned entities
- As part of the month end close process review departmental overheads and prepare commentary for significant variances
- Work with land development team to discuss, establish, review and maintain budgets
- Assist with internal and external auditors as needed
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budget and quarterly updates
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Detail Oriented
- Ethics & Integrity
- Independent Worker
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA / CPA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting experience, preferably in the homebuilding, land development and/or construction industry
- Experience with finance and accounting systems and software
- Strong Excel skills, knowledge of VBA a plus
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting (specifically related to construction industry)
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of reporting / analytical software (Microsoft Power BI a plus)
- Familiarity or prior experience with production homebuilder and/or land developer
- Credit report in good standing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Office or non-manual work, which is directly related to management or general business operations
- Act as a primary component of which involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.