San Diego, CA, United States
Senior Hospitality Manager
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Hospitality Manager for the San Diego Convention Center.
The San Diego Convention Center is the region's premier gathering place, hosting conventions, trade shows and community events that economically benefit the City of San Diego and advance our convention and tourism industry. The 2.6 million-square-foot facility is located on sparkling San Diego Bay in the heart of a vibrant downtown and has consistently been recognized as one of the top convention centers in the world. Abundant, flexible space and five-star service make the San Diego Convention Center the meeting planners' choice for hosting major conventions, trade shows, meetings and special events.
- The Senior Hospitality Manager serves a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team and responsible for managing the operations of one or more departments in Banquet, Quick Server, Beverage or Catering department. The Senior Hospitality Manager will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
- The Senior Hospitality Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget for their designated department, as well as, communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business strategies to drive sales revenue and meet or exceed the unit's overall financial goals. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
- The Senior Hospitality Manager will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
⦁ Develop and implement business strategies for enhancing operations and for driving and maximizing unit revenues through implementation and oversight of systems and policies related to designated departments operations.
⦁ Communicate and promote Sodexo Live!'s culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to department staff; Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Sodexo Live!'s staff.
⦁ Maximize Sodexo Live!'s revenue and operational excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and policies. Contributes to the efficient operation of the business unit by partnering with all levels of management. Monitors and ensures all aspects of operations are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
⦁ Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice by creating an environment where exceptional service and quality, well-executed dining experiences are delivered to each guest, supporting Sodexo Live!'s goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
⦁ Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to facilitate on-the-job effectiveness.
⦁ 3-5 years of previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
⦁ Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis in a high stress, fast paced environment.
⦁ Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
⦁ Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
⦁ Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions.
⦁ Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish assigned tasks.
⦁ Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with property management systems such as a Banquet Event Order Software.
⦁ Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs as business demands require.
⦁ Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
⦁ Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
About Sodexo Live:
Sodexo is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by highly regarded external organizations, earning coveted spots on FORTUNE's list of the World's Most Admired Companies and Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index, as well as a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
Improving quality of life has been our mission for over 50 years. And this commitment starts with you. We strive to enhance and simplify your daily life, while offering you the best working environment wherever you are, whatever you do.
We offer a diverse range of opportunities, in over 100 professions. Whether you're a recent grad, transition from the military or an experienced professional, our goal to find your perfect fit.
Founded in Marseille, France, in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance.
Operating in 56 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Food and Facilities Management Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services.
40,000 employees dispersed throughout 500 sites around the globe
80 different types of professional roles
- What we do: We improve the Quality of Life of those we serve and our teams, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate.
- How we do it: We serve with care the essential daily needs of millions of people. We build inclusive progress; we drive engaged and responsible performance.
- Why we do it: We create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.