Senior Information Architect - Digital Ecosystem
Would you like to join CVS Health, one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, as part of our diverse Digital team? CVS Health is embarking on a bold agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, growing team to make a difference in peoples lives. You will be in on the ground floor of innovation that aims to reinvent the health care experience.
At CVS Health, the Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of UX and UI designers, researchers, content strategists, engineers and product managers throughout the design process - from strategy to pixel-perfect design. At each stage, you will advocate for our customers and ensure that the final product meets user needs.
As a Senior Information Architect on the CVS Health Enterprise UX Strategy design team, you will play an essential part in the strategic planning for multiple content management system (CMS) migrations and facilitate the evolution of knowledge organization and governance as it pertains to the digital ecosystem at CVS Health. Our digital ecosystem of sites and apps spans multiple lines of business including CVS.com, MinuteClinic, CVS Pharmacy, CVS Caremark, CVS Specialty, Aetna, and chronic care apps.
Youll be a member of a small, yet mighty, high-visibility, high-impact team of information and UX architects. We are dedicated to enterprise strategic initiatives that serve to improve the customer/patient/member experience. Current and upcoming information architecture (IA) initiatives include enterprise authenticated and unauthenticated navigation, CMS IA design and planning for extensive content migrations, establishing a robust health taxonomy and knowledge organization, landing page personalization strategies that take advantage of multiple product offerings, and enhanced search results. You will partner closely with individuals and teams from across our digital organization to ensure our ecosystem has an accessible and logical information (content and data) organization using industry best practices - with a goal of unifying and clarifying to establish consistency.
You will be focused on developing enterprise-scale information architectures that include taxonomies, content models and resulting strategies, ontologies, metadata schema, tag structures and associated techniques. Given the number of teams and lines of business we support, you must excel in facilitation across multiple tasks including
- intaking requirements,
- analyzing large sets of information,
- synthesizing into digestible chunks,
- presenting in an understandable format to stakeholders,
- building consensus
- negotiating difficult conversations across sometimes contrasting priorities to achieve buy-in
- clear documentation to provide team self-service and knowledge gathering
At CVS Health, we have a mature, diverse design team with numerous design disciplines represented. You will collaborate closely with content strategists and UX designers across the organization to ensure the realization of an enterprise navigation strategy.
* 8 years combined experience across user experience strategy, UX architecture, storytelling, data visualization, and/or information architecture.
* Strong Portfolio with two or more case studies exemplifying: enterprise navigation information architecture and knowledge organization, large-scale content modeling and CMS migration, developing enterprise taxonomies and/or ontologies that reflect multiple customer journeys, and/or information diagrams that model current and future state information structures, systems and ecosystem.
* Analytical: Gifted in the synthesis and analysis of complex customer and business problems to drive solutions. Experience making data-driven, customer-centric decisions to define scalable information architecture solutions that lead to increased discoverability, comprehension and customer engagement.
* Influential: Adept at presenting a clear, easy to understand point of view that educates and influences people and outcomes.
* Collaborative: Facilitate inclusive conversations and workshops across diverse teams and lines of business in a virtual environment to bring people and perspectives together. Excellent written, presentational, and communication skills.
* Committed and Resilient: Cares deeply about getting it right for our customers and business through creative, iterative approaches that solve for technology, team, security, and legal constraints.
* Detail and Big Picture Orientated: Can zoom in and out of a diverse set of criteria to excavate trends and themes and drive clarity.
* Agile: Strong focus on delivering continuous improvement and quality in near and long-term valuable increments.
* Skilled at documenting efficient and useful information and content audits that form the basis of recommendations in relational database tools like AirTable, prototyping tools like Invision, and or collaborative tools like Miro.
* Craft and socialize information architecture and user experience strategic/solution diagrams including sitemaps, schematics, journeys, page template layouts (block, ontology), content models, service blueprints and information hierarchy diagrams in tools like Sketch and Miro.
* Conduct user experience testing using tools like UserTesting.com and Optimal Workshop and provide authoritative conclusions with reporting tools like Powerpoint.
* Demonstrated knowledge of working in a knowledge management system like PoolParty with an understanding of how to integrate with CMS and other content management tools.
* Expert in working with Headed and Headless CMS platforms like Adobe AEM, Contentful, Drupal, Wordpress and/or Joomla including content templates and functionality.
* Familiar with generating, analyzing, and maintaining reports in analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics.
* Adept at learning new software and technology to perform the job requirements.
Education in Information Design, Data Analytics, Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience, Psychology, Anthropology, Computer Science or similar. Equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree considered.
A verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Undergraduate degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.