Davis Wright Tremaine
Senior IT Manager, Application & Endpoint Management
People + Project Management
Were looking for a Senior Manager to head up our Application and Endpoint Engineering teams.
In this role, you will work with business teams across the firm to define engineering standards and solutions based on business, security, and governance requirements, define technology roadmaps, prioritize work efforts, and communicate standards. Through collaboration with the Director of IT Operations, Team leads and other IT departmental resources, you will share responsibility for the daily operation and support of the firms application and endpoint engineering include mobile, virtual endpoints, physical endpoints, tiered applications, and cloud based applications.
Top-level critical analysis and customer service skills are essential for this role. If you are looking for the next step in your career and have experience managing a tech team in a law firm or other professional services setting we want to talk to you.
Seattle-based candidates are preferred, but we are open to highly qualified candidates in Los Angeles, Portland, or San Francisco.
On a typical day you will:
- Direct personnel management and daily supervision of the Endpoint Engineering & Application Engineering Teams
- Mentor your team by coaching and empowering employees to provide constructive feedback, take ownership of their areas of responsibility, and share their expertise with the team
- Manage all security and governance request by acting as a liaison to the security and governance offices
- Foster and encourage inter- and intra-departmental communication and collaboration
- Balance workload within and across teams by ensuring employees are taking on responsibilities appropriately, and ensuring the right people are in the right roles
- Manage Tier 4 support for the firms infrastructure and application support
- Coordinate communication/documentation/training for Tier 1-3 support at the firm
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic and tactical plans regarding the engineering process; meet existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated technical plans and documentation for Application and Endpoint engineering, administration, and support
- Cloud environment environments including Document Management systems
- Responsible for a portion of M365 suite of services
- Responsible for researching, evaluating and driving the implementation of new Workstation, VDI, mobile, and application technologies
- Responsible for ensuring stable and performing Workstation, VDI and mobile environments
- Demonstrate your technical knowledge, specifically with experience and understanding of:
- Software and hardware release management required included cloud based platforms
- Physical endpoints, virtual endpoints and mobile operational support
- MS software stack including Office, Active Directory, scripting and automation
- Common application technologies such as permissions, SQL, 3 tier applications, and cloud technologies.
- Endpoint, mobile device, application lifecycle management, operations with an engineering team
- Windows OS, SCCM, Virtual and Physical devices and mobile OS internals and technology
- Lead engineering teams and processes; demonstrate your ability to motivate and provide meaningful coaching and mentorship to provide top level service within an organization
- Manage a team supporting a 24/7 customer base and be responsible for production systems and requests both during and off business hours
- Expertly communicate across a broad audience within a law firm setting involving sharp written and verbal communication, demonstrating an ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience experience working with customers possessing a wide range of technical expertise
- Demonstrate agility and interpersonal skills; ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner is required; ability to quickly assess and assimilate a situation, then adjust approach to fit
- Show strong systems analysis and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and quality control; ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations required; exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills
7+ years successful experience managing engineering teams and processes in a law firm or professional services environment is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.