The Close Up Foundation works with 20,000 students and teachers annually. Each one of these individuals requires meals, hotel accommodations, transportation and much more depending on the program. The Senior Manager of Program Services is responsible for the effective implementation of all programming requirements. The person in this role will be responsible for the overall management of the Program Services department while maintaining a cohesive, cooperative, and communicative team. This person will directly supervise two Coordinators – Ground Transportation Coordinator and Program Services Coordinator – to ensure successful customer service and deliverables for all student programs. Having a general comprehension of the hospitality industry, the Senior Manager of Program Services will also work closely with two Program Services Managers to ensure the hotel operation and night monitor & registration aspects are properly booked and staffed according to program schedules. This position will be responsible for managing the department budget and also participate in several cross-department meetings. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the larger vision of department and planning for future years with focus on budget and market trends, and securing the best possible services for all Close Up programs (local and out-of-town).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage vendor relations and program deliverables for:
- Hotels and meeting space in DC, NYC, Philadelphia, Tallahassee, and other cities;
- Program buses;
- Sites requiring tickets (i.e. theatres, National Archives, Independence Hall, Statue of Liberty etc.); and
- Other visits/sites as required (i.e. college campus tours, seminar meeting space).
Collaborate with Program Services Manager of Night Monitors & Registration:
- Ensure proper staffing of registration and night monitors for all programs;
- Track hours worked by employee to ensure compliance with HR; and
- Staff MOD duties for program season.
Collaborate with Program Services Manager – Hotel Operation:
- Block hotels and room blocks;
- Carefully examine hotel proposals to make sure meeting space, budget concerns and program needs are met;
- Provide updates to contracted hotels to avoid penalties throughout year;
- Maintain positive vendor relations with all CUF properties; and
- Work with appropriate staff to troubleshoot complaints or issues with hotels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum four-year degree from a college or university with three years related work experience or training. Working knowledge of the hospitality or travel industry is strongly preferred. Experience with event planning, hotel contracting and managing group events/functions a plus. Weekend and off-hour availability, outstanding communication skills, and a proven commitment to customer service essential.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Close Up provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes three medical insurance plans, dental insurance (more than 90 percent of premiums are company-paid), and vision coverage. Close Up pays 100 percent of the premiums for life/AD&D insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance, and offers flexible spending and dependent care accounts, a 403(b) retirement savings program, paid vacation/sick days/holidays, paid parental leave, a Metro subsidy or free garage parking, a free on-site gym, and a positive work environment.
There is a potential for an annual bonus based on the success of the Foundation.
To apply, upload a cover letter describing why this position is the right fit for your skills and experience, along with your resume.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
The Close Up Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.