Senior Manager - Renovations
Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun and goal-oriented company? Were growing quickly and were looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 40,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Senior Manager for Renovations Management is a centrally based position that oversees scope review and provides project management support for the single-family Renovations function. Working in conjunction with the Director of Renovations and central Project Coordination team, this position will provide Senior Project Manager level review/approval for scopes and will remotely fulfill Senior Project Manager responsibilities, as required. This includes project approvals, price verifications, resolution of contractor/vendor issues, creation of project planners to facilitate the projects task sequences and troubleshooting of issues. This position will also be capable of directing Project Managers in the Markets, as required.
- 25% Review scopes in Renowalk software package, and utilize 360 interior scans and photos, to determine the labor, vendor and material needs for completeing renovations project based on Company standards; provide approvals for scopes to the Markets
- 20% Review scopes with Project Managers in the Markets to verify items and direct rework or rebid or items; advise both the Director for Renovations and Market level Senior Project Managers on issues for resolution
- 10% Support the Acquisitions team through answering questions on scopes and resolving disparities between underwriting and submitted scopes
- 10% Coordinate and schedule work through the central Project Coordinator team
- 10% Fulfill the role of Senior Project Manager to manage renovations remotely, as required; provide troubleshooting and advice to the Market Renovation Teams for project issues
- 10% Research issues with vendors and contractors; support the Director of Renovations in managing the Market Renovations teams
- 5% Review quality control inspection, change order data and make ready inspection data to ensure work has been completed to Company standards
- 5% Review RenoWalk product for pricing, outdated SKU items, and descriptions updates; coordinate with Procurement team
- 5% Assist in creation and circulation of ongoing reporting
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication
- Project Management
- Pre-Con Meeting Facilitation
- Assessment Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Bachelors or Associates degree preferred, or equivalent work/field experience
- Formal training in construction management preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five or more years of experience as project manager, construction manager or project estimator
- Construction experience with ground up single-family history a plus
- Capable of building a renovation scope of work in conjunction with an aligning project schedule for key tasks
- Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
- Organizational skills, attention to detail & high-performance standards
- Good communication skills (both oral & written); ability to work with a wide range of internal customers and external vendors
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills; experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Renowalk platform required
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Ability to work remotely as needed
PHYSICAL COGNITIVE, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Comparing: Judging the readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people, or things.
- Copying: Transcribing, entering, or posting data.
- Computing: Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them.
- Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
- Analyzing: Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
- Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken based on analysis of data. May include prioritizing multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Synthesizing: To combine or integrate data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge or creative concepts and/or interpretations.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.