Senior Mortgage Underwriter
|Department:||Operations - Underwriting|
We are Looking for Candidates who are sharp, hungry and want to grow to the next level with us! Amerifirst Financial is Looking for you!
- Pay Commensurate with Experience
- Experience with Conventional & Government Loans
- DE Required and LAPP & SAR, USDA loans Highly Preferred
Executive Summary of Position:
Careful analysis of credit package to ensure loan salability.
- Review of all loan documentation submitted, included but not limited to analysis of loan application, credit, income asset, and liability documentation to calculate the risk assessment.
- Conduct careful risk analysis and exercise judgment based on experience to approve or deny loan files and ensure that loans meets the various loan program requirements in order to successfully resell the loan on the secondary market.
- Verify data entry in Encompass, and AUS findings are accurate.
- Assist internal customers in finding loan programs for various borrowers, documenting and presenting files.
- Underwriting of mortgage loans using guidelines based on investors specifics and FNMA and FHLMC specifics.
- Clearance of all prior to doc conditions to ensure loan quality and smooth closing process.
- Assist in clearance of suspense items for individual end investor.
- Continuing training of internal customers to ensure external customer satisfaction.
- Contact external end investors for difficult scenario questions in order to determine the salability of mortgage loans.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Participate by example and through the sharing of knowledge and skill in promoting a positive team work environment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a concentration in finance or business.
- A minimum of 3 years as mortgage loan underwriter, reviewing FNMA and FHLMC; conventional loans.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with internal customers.
- Proficient in DU & LP.
- Encompass experience is preferred, but not a must.
- Self-Starter that does not require manager to delegate work but achieves a high level of production without constant supervision.
- Basic administrative functions include typing, printing, filing, and copying, and general computer use.
Equipment/Technology Competency Requirements:
Use independent judgment to achieve assigned objectives and goals while operating within corporate and departmental policy guidelines.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, sincere and professional attitude when representing the company.
- Apply common sense understanding in distributing and carrying out tasks and instructions.
- Work independently and in cooperation with others.
Requires light physical activity performing non strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature as well as periods of prolonged sitting. Requires extensive typing, filing and writing. Requires the ability to speak and hear.
Amerifirst Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerifirst Financial complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive representation of all possible duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications. Other duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications may be assigned to this position as the need arises and/or management requires. Understands, accepts and recognizes requirements relating to compliance issues and attends training as is appropriate and relative to their position. Including, but not limited to: the Bank Secrecy Act: Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act.