ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Fort George G Meade, MD
Senior Nuclear C3 Enterprise Architect
Our customer serves as principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the whole of National Leadership Command Capacity infrastructure.
- The Senior Nuclear C3 Enterprise Architect will assist with a major new design opportunity that will focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of both current and future objective Enterprise Architectures as well as on alternative architecture development for acquisition strategy decisions for evolving the Nuclear C3 System.
- The Senior Nuclear C3 Enterprise Architect will participate on the technical design team for the Next Generation Future Nuclear C3 Architecture development effort that will describe and integrate all current planning for modification, upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing nuclear C3 system components.
- These activities will focus on implementing System-of-System methodologies and integrating Nuclear C3 System Architectures into a detailed, enterprise architecture.
- Develop recommendations concerning continuation, modification, or elimination of current nuclear C3 system enhancement plans. Coordinate the collection and assessment of existing research that includes current proven solutions and emerging concepts for national and nuclear C3 to the extent they are known.
- Refine existing high level operational, system, and technical views to the extent needed to comprehensively describe the architecture. A limited enterprise architecture methodology shall be used within the nuclear C3 functional domain to allow for the required visualization of the derived information. The DoDAF will be considered as a development reference but not a development requirement.
- Assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the desired nuclear C2 mission outcomes and execute the identified tasks, under the full range of operating conditions to fully meet the Nuclear Technical Proficiency Criteria (NTPC) standards. Gaps or redundancies will be identified, the attributes and parameters of nuclear C3 systems will be used to fill the gaps, and operational mission priorities will also be used for the elimination of gaps or redundancies.
- Possess extensive experience using nuclear C3 operational procedures currently used with the strategic nuclear capable forces in support of presidential and joint staff nuclear communications.
- Experience developing system-of-systems functional architectures using proven methodologies for complex DoD communications based programs.
- Experience conducting architecture/performance trade-off analysis, and engineering designs of nuclear C3 systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience regarding nuclear C3 and overall nuclear C3 requirements, operations, and procedures and proven ability to prepare nuclear C3 analysis, documentation, and reports.
- Understanding of, and experience with operations and technical characteristics of nuclear C3 systems to include strategic communications systems, sensor and radar systems, and communications systems deployed at nuclear command centers and on nuclear capable platforms.
- Knowledge of nuclear C3 systems and operational and analytical experience in nuclear/strategic systems based upon experience within the nuclear C3 community.
- Detailed understanding of national policy, DOD/Joint Staff guidance, and technical performance criteria requirements regarding nuclear C3 operations.
- Experience working with senior nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as OSD (NII), Joint Staff, and USSTRATCOM.
- Ability to apply enterprise architecture concepts to specific secure and survivable communications development tasks in a structured approach that supports the five nuclear C2 functions.
- Expertise in the areas of DoD acquisition/requirements processes, systems analysis, engineering, and nuclear weapons effects regarding communications within the Nuclear C3 System.
- Knowledge of advanced protocol concepts such as mobile ad hoc network (MANET) and disruptive tolerant networking (DTN) technology and how to apply these concepts to nuclear C3 applications.
- Knowledge of secure video conferencing requirements and how these requirements can be used for decision support and situational awareness tools for senior decision makers.
- Knowledge of activity, data and process modeling techniques and practices, to include hands on experience with EA development modeling tools.
- BS, MS, or higher in technical engineering related fields plus 15+ years experience.
- Top Secret/SCI clearance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Fort Meade, Maryland, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular